- The only personal data we hold is your email and your name/screen name (as supplied by you if choose to subscribe/comment). Your email never displayed on our website.
- We use this only to send you email updates if you have subscribed.
- You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email.
- We no not rent out or share your email.
Your Personal Data
The only personal data we collect is your name and email if you subscribe or if you comment.
Who Are We?
AnitaMathias.com is the data controller (contact details below) and decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
AnitaMathias.com complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To send you email you if you have subscribed or asked for updates on blog comments.
We use a third party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our occasional blog posts. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our email. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
We don’t rent or trade email lists.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can send you email you have requested or update you on the blog.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data for as long as you remain subscribed.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which AnitaMathias.com holds about you;
- The right to request that AnitaMathias.com corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for AnitaMathias.com to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact [email protected]
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Note: This is intended to provide an overview of GDPR and is not a definitive statement of the law. For a definitive guide, check out the Information Commisioner’s Office website.